The bullet points beneath every video embed are the thoughts I have while watching the trailers, and the little paragraph(s) below is a recap on my overall thoughts. If you click the pink links (the numbers) that show at what time in the trailer the thought occured to me, then you will be brought to that exact moment in the video. (I hope all that made sense)
- 0.02 Loving that version of the classic Disney castle logo
- 0.05 Also the tattoo style animation is so beautiful
- 0.18 Loving Dwayne "Rock" Johnson as Maui
- 0.36 Great expressive facial features
- 0.39 Aww that pig
- 0.52 Is that Lin-Manuel Miranda singing in the background?
- 0.56 Her hair is so pretty in this scene
- 1.07 Dolphins!
- 1.10 That Moana logo at the end there though
Overall this movie is looking to be quite beautiful, I have to say the scenery is gorgeous. From what I've seen of Maui, Dwayne Johnson is doing a wonderful job, and I can't wait to see him in Moana. I'm also excited to see that Lin-Manuel will be working on the music (Ham fan here). Though as a lot of people have already pointed out, Moana is decidedly absent from her own trailer, this however is most likely attributed to the fact that her voice actor is a newbie.
The Secret Life of Pets Reaction
- 0.04 I really like the voice of the women who's saying goodbye to Gidget for some reason
- 0.10 Cat food is pretty gross
- 0.24 Haha Max...
- 0.30 That leash gag is quite funny
- 0.41 "That ball of fluff got a screw lose." Wise words, Wise words
- 1.02 Welp Duke's already a jerk
- 1.50 Carrot key!
- 2.11 Pun intended
- 2.27 I think they've included this scene in every single The Secret Life of Pets trailer there is. Honestly I'm getting a bit bored of it.
I was really enthusiastic about The Secret Life of Pets when the first teaser was released, however after seeing some of the more recent trailers I've become a less excited for some mysterious reason. I'll be interesting to see how Illumination pulls off this movie, and whether they can create more successful movies outside of the Despicable Me franchise. (no more minions please)
- 0.11 I wonder where the wolves come into the story
- 0.26 That baby is completely unfazed
- 0.35 The bird-made Newton's Cradle seems a bit cruel
- 0.49 "Our new phones" making fun of society are they?
- 0.56 More tiny bird abuse
- 1.28 Remembering Happy Feet now
- 1.35 "Babbie Powder" just the way he says it...
- 2.10 Let the quiet battle scene commence
After The Lego Movie I'm excited to see what Warner Bros can do with animation. The concept is pretty unique and I love the idea. Also the little boy who wants a lil' sibling reminds me a bit of Jamie from Dreamworks' Rise of The Guardians. The animation is pretty so so in my opinion, nothing in particular really stands out in that case.
- 0.08 Who ever's singing for that gorilla has a wonderful voice
- 0.14 Loving that tiny bunny mask
- 0.47 Wondering if that mouse is gonna play dirty
- 1.03 I quite like that snail's voice
- 1.36 I wonder who's going to be the main character? Maybe there will be a couple of them?
- 1.47 Pretty song
I'm a bit curious as to why Illumination decided to include an anthropomorphic cast of characters in this movie. To me this movie looks more interesting than The Secret Life of Pets, as it seems the plot is a bit more of a departure from Despicable Me (as The Secret Life of Pets seems to have a similar sense of humor, and the same basic character tropes).
- 0.22 The world has an interesting felted, and fluffy texture
- 0.34 I'm amusing Branch is kind of a social outcast from the group
- 0.51 "Solid burn"
- 0.57 Is this going to be a musical?
- 0.59 Hair weapons. Quite deadly.
- 1.05 Willy wonka anyone?
- 1.50 Agreed, Oh snap indeed
When I saw the first trailer for Trolls, I cringed a mile. But the second trailer is a lot better. However this movie is definitely more of a Shrek & Madagascar typem than a How To Train Your Dragon or Rise of the Guardians type of movie. I honestly prefer the latter, but I don't see many more of those types of movies coming from Dreamworks in the near future. I'm still not completely on the hype train for Trolls, we'll just have to see.
Sausage Party Reaction
- 0.17 Looks like any average G rated animation. Don't be fooled.
- 0.25 Haha potatoe eyes
- 0.58 Here we go
- 1.16 Oh the horror
Um wow... It's been a while since I've seen an animated movie like this (it's quite possible I never have) I really don't have any intention to see this movie because the humor just doesn't appeal to me. It's not that I don't particularly like that variety of humor, I do like a good Rick & Morty episode, but I suppose it's just the way it's presented. Also the cursing feels incredibly forced.
Seen any films of late? If not do you plan on watching any?